Wednesday 27 February 2013

My second book


    I started reading books for grown-ups when I was little. They were definitely inappropriate for my age. So the second book I read was called Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough. It was around 600 pages and that is alto for a 14 year old. I base this on my boyfriend who is 27 and still struggles to read a 100 pages book about Jedis that is mostly filled with pictures! Anyway, I took on that heavy but enjoyable task to read that big book.

  It was about a family from New Zealand and it starts when the main character Meggie Cleary is only four and it finishes with her death when she is around 60. It is hers and her family's life time story. The book was so long and so detailed that by the end I didn't want to let go. You could imagine spending months ( I say months because at that age a 600 pages were hard to read and you took your time) reading about the lifes of people that the end of the book will be emotional. I cried, closed the book and hugged it; I think I even said thank you. That was the first time in my life when I was so invested in a book; I was heart broken when I character died, I was happy when they were happy; I fell in love with Ralph when Meggie, I wished for better days for the Cleary family.








No comments:

Post a Comment